Materials sold by the Habitat Choptank ReStore are donated by local retailers, contractors and individuals in the community. The ReStore provides an environmentally and socially responsible way to keep good, reusable materials out of the waste stream and simultaneously provide funding for our affiliate’s community improvement work. The most popular ReStore donations include:
- used appliances (refrigerators, stoves and washers and dryers)
- used and new furniture, light fixtures
- used and new bathroom fixtures (sinks, bathtubs, showers and toilets)
- used and new building materials along with used and new tools.
Donations are accepted by drop off at the store plus pick-up can be scheduled for larger donations. To arrange a pick up, contact the store.
We cannot take anything with lead, blinds or shades with cords, caustic or flammable chemicals, explosives, extension cords without ground plugs, hazardous materials, frayed cords of any kind, halogen lamps, ladders, open paint or oil paint, children’s products or children’s furniture, propane tanks, recalled products, toilets from before 1995, or water fixtures from before 2015.
Drop Off Donations Accepted
Tuesday-Saturday 12 pm – 5 pm
For larger donations, contact the store to schedule pick up by the ReStore truck.
Acceptable Donation List
General – Clean with limited wear and tear, five years old or newer in perfect working condition
- Microwave Ovens
- Cook Tops
- Ovens(drop-in, wall or free standing)
- Window Mounted A/C units
- Space Heaters
- Residential and Shop Vacuum Cleaners
- Gas appliances should be clearly marked to show that they burn LP gas or Natural Gas.
Due to new federal lead regulations, we can not accept used Dishwashers or Hot Water Heaters for re-sale. We may accept them for recycling, but this may affect your ability to deduct the value from your taxes. Please consult your tax adviser.
- Pre-hung door assemblies
- lab or solid doors
- Exterior or interior
- Call regarding Garage Doors
Storm doors must have all tracking and hardware in usable condition
- Complete units with sashes and frames with no rotted wood, cracked, missing or foggy glass. Hardware must be in operating condition.
- Storm Windows
- Specialty Windows
General – items must be in excellent condition with no chips, cracks, rust or stains. We do not accept cast iron bathtubs
- PVC and Copper piping and connectors
- Stainless steel or porcelain kitchen sinks
- Pedestal and drop-in bathroom sinks (At this time we do not accept double vanity sinks made of manufactured material; we can accept double vanity sinks made of real stone.)
- Fiberglass bathtubs with no cracks (At this time, we do not accept whirlpool tubs)
- Complete bath and shower faucet sets
- Miscellaneous plumbing hardware
Due to federal lead regulations, we can not accept used sink faucets for re-sale. We may accept them for recycling, but this may affect your ability to deduct the value from your taxes. Please consult your tax adviser. We cannot accept water fixtures from before 2015.
- Wood furniture in excellent reusable condition such as tables, chairs, book cases dressers.
- For wood furniture, at this time, we do not accept executive desks, entertainment cabinets, or any used furniture made from particle board.
- We accept upholstered furniture that is free of stains, rips, fading or unreasonable wear. Donations of upholstered furniture must be less than ten years old. We do not accept bedding of any kind, including sleep sofas. We cannot accept upholstered furniture from homes where pets or smokers are present.
We cannot accept children’s products or furniture.
- Complete sets of door hardware, hinges, etc.
- Screws, nails, fasteners, hangers, connectors, etc.
Decorative hardware, cabinet knobs, tools etc.
- Dimension lumber must be at least 5 ft in length with no nails, warping or splitting
- Sheet goods (particleboards, plywood and paneling) must be at least half-sheets with no damage
- Trim and molding must be at least 5 ft in length in good, usable condition
Residential electrical items only.
We cannot accept extension cords without ground plugs or frayed cords of any kind.
Tile, laminate, hardwood in good condition. Able to cover at least 50 sq. ft. Must be in an unopened box.
- Wall Paper
- Unopened cans of paint ONLY; no oil paint
- Free standing wood stoves
- Brick, pavers and block
- Hand and Power tools in perfect working condition
Items We Cannot Accept
Provided below is a summary of what we can accept, as well as a list of what we cannot accept.