Volunteers are the lifeblood of our organization and their health and safety is of our utmost concern.
COVID-19 Next Steps
For the last eight weeks, we have closed our build sites to volunteers, closed our ReStore to volunteers and the general public, and closed our offices. Work has continued through the use of contractors and through our staff team working in home based office settings utilizing technologies to aid us in our work. Our guidance has been consistent with federal recommendations to help flatten the curve of the pandemic.
The federal government has now delegated decision making regarding reopenings to state and local authorities. We will be working closely with our Board of Directors to develop plans to slowly resume operations based on a set of criteria that continues to prioritize the health and safety of all involved. We will continue to remain fully compliant with all state and local requirements.
Please stay tuned for information in the coming weeks on our plans to slowly resume operations and activities.
Please note, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends everyday preventative actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases like COVID-19 and the flu, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Thank you for partnering with us to ensure our community remains safe and healthy.